Delta Member Dentists: Lock in your governance rights and help secure a transformational victory for patients and dentists in Washington by completing your proxy before the Delta Annual Member Meeting this Friday.
All Delta member dentists should have received a proxy ballot for Delta’s Nov. 13 Annual Member Meeting both in the mail and by email. Please complete your proxy ASAP this week. Your vote to approve proposed amendments to the WDS/Delta Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation will lock in your governance rights as a member dentist and help secure a transformational victory for patients and dentists in Washington.
Why is it important for me to complete my proxy and approve all amendments?
- Approving these amendments will ensure new mechanisms for Member Dentists to provide direct feedback and suggestions on topics of interest and concern. Delta was created by Washington dentists nearly seven decades ago; these 2020 reforms will solidify a new beginning where members dentists’ input on important matters is appreciated and considered.
- Approving these amendments will give Delta members a say in which dentists are elected to Delta’s Board of Directors. These negotiated election reforms ensure members decide which dentists are sitting at the table when important decisions are made.
- Approving these amendments will lock in your governance rights as a Delta member dentist and ensure they can’t be changed or taken away in the future. It is rare for providers to have any say in how a dental benefits company is run (let alone the largest in Washington). These amendments ensure that your governance rights cannot be changed without overwhelming member approval.
- Approving these amendments will help to end the lawsuit between Delta Dental of Washington and WSDA. Ending the lawsuit will allow these two organizations to instead focus their combined resources on solving dental workforce shortages and other issues of vital importance to the dental community.
How do I fill out my proxy?
Complete your proxy online now at www.cesvote.com using your Electronic Voting Number. Find your Electronic Voting Number on the proxy you received in the mail or in an email sent to you by WDS Proxy Agent (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email Delta at ProviderEngagement@DeltaDentalWA.com to obtain your Electronic Voting Number.
To approve the proposed amendments:
- Check a box to assign your proxy to one of the three individuals listed (all are committed to supporting the proposed amendments)
- Check the box FOR the election of Dr. Eve M. Rutherford, DDS
- Check the box FOR APPROVAL of the proposed amendment to the Articles of Incorporation
- Check the box FOR APPROVAL of the proposed amendments to the Bylaws
Learn more at wsda.org/delta