WSDA is looking for members who are committed to building a mentor relationship with a current UW dental student to join the WSDA Mentor Program!
WSDA is looking for members who are committed to building a mentor relationship with a current UW dental student to join the WSDA Mentor Program
How the Program Works
Dentists who sign up to be a mentor will be matched with a student (or two!) by WSDA. Once matched, mentor dentists serve as a resource for their student mentee until they graduate dental school.
Sign Up Here
Because the Mentor Program is mostly self-guided following the Mentor Reception, dentists are expected to initiate interactions with their student(s) throughout the year.
WSDA asks that our mentor dentists:
- Commit to mentoring their students through their graduation year.
- Remain a member of the WSDA throughout participation in the program.
- Make their best effort to attend the annual Mentor Reception.
- Invite their student(s) to meet in person at other WSDA events like PNDC and Dental Action Day or through self-scheduled activities such as mentor dinners, coffee meetings, office shadowing opportunities, etc.
- Reach out regularly to connect through phone calls, text messages, and email when in-person meetings are possible.
We ask that the student in the program make a similar effort to connect.
Questions about the Program?
To learn more, visit wsda.org/mentor, email Martina Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the WSDA office at (800) 448-3368.
Save the Date for the Mentor Reception — Friday, January 10, 2020
The Mentor Reception, held annually by the WSDA and UW Dental Alumni Association, celebrates dentists and students involved in the program while giving them an opportunity to meet in person. Mentor dentists are highly encouraged to attend this event! Participation makes an excellent impression on your student mentee.
Save the date for the next Mentor Reception — Friday, January 10, 2020 from 6-8:30 PM at the New Burke Museum in Seattle.