Attend “E-cigarettes - What are the Facts Behind All That Vapor?” on May 20 and “The Importance of Oral Health Care for Women during Pregnancy” on May 31.
“E-cigarettes - What are the Facts Behind All That Vapor?”
Co-hosted by the ADA and CDC
May 20, 2019
9 AM PT
CE Credits: 1
Use of E-cigarette products is at epidemic levels for teens and young adults. The purpose of this webinar is to inform dental providers about the products, trends for use, and health harms and benefits of e-cigarette use. The program will also provide information about the effects of e-cigarette flavors on oral health. Finally, participants will learn about the efforts to address the harms that e-cigarette products pose to young people the first -of-its-kind e-cigarette quit program to address the significant rise in youth vaping.
- Brian King, PhD, MPH - Deputy Director for Research Translation, Centers for Disease and Prevention Control
- Barbara Schillo, PhD - Vice President, Truth Initiative Schroeder Institute
- Steve Schroeder, MD - Director, Smoking Cessation Leadership Center
- Shinae Kim, PhD - Project Leader, ADA Foundation - Volpe Research Center
“The Importance of Oral Health Care for Women during Pregnancy”
Co-hosted by the ADA and the American Academy of Pediatrics
May 31, 2019
9 AM PT
CE Credits: 1
This webinar will help dispel any myths that pregnant women should not receive dental care during their pregnancy! Participants will learn the reasons why oral health is important for pregnant women and how to manage dental care during pregnancy. They will also learn how to incorporate oral health into prenatal care.
- Lucie Chie, MD, MPH - Director of OB/GYN at South Cove Community Health Center, Director of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center OBGYN Community Health Initiative, staff physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School
- Monica Hebl, DDS - Past CAAP Chair
- Lauren Barone, MPH - American Academy of Pediatrics, Senior Manager, Pediatric Practice and Workforce