Delta Special Meeting
Thursday, November 15
3 PM (registration opens 11 AM)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
18740 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98188
Please try to attend in person!
We are fighting for nothing less than the health of your patients and the future of your practice.
If you cannot attend, do not mail your proxy ballot back to WDS/Delta directly!
WDS member dentists should have received a proxy ballot in the mail from WDS. If you did not receive your ballot, contact WDS directly at (800) 432-1723.
Update from WDS: Faxed and scanned proxy ballots will be counted, but electronic signatures will not be accepted. Please sign your ballot by hand prior to faxing or scanning.
Instructions for how to fill out your proxy in SUPPORT of proposed bylaw amendments:
1. Cross out the names "Dr. Gerald S. Phipps, DMD, MS, Board Chair" and "Dr. Eve Rutherford, DDS, Board Director."
2. Replace with "Dr. Christopher Delecki" and "Dr. Cynthia Pauley" OR the name of the WDS member dentist you have chosen to deliver your ballot in person at the meeting.
3. Sign and date the ballot by hand. No electronic signatures will be accepted.
4. On the reverse side of the ballot, check the boxes "FOR" adoption of the proposed amendments on both questions 1 and 2.
5. Return your ballot to WSDA if you have chosen Dr. Delecki or Dr. Pauley to deliver your ballot in person at the meeting OR give your ballot to the WDS member dentist who you have chosen to deliver your ballot in person at the meeting.
To return to WSDA:
- Fax to (206) 443-9266
- Scan/take a photo on your smart phone and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to WSDA at 126 NW Canal St #300, Seattle, WA 98107
We recommend that you vote in SUPPORT of the bylaw amendments.
This round of bylaw amendments
- allow for open nominations for members to run for the board;
- impose term limits on board service for member dentists at Delta;
- make the Delta CEO an ex-officio rather than full member of the board; and
- eliminate board veto powers over member-approved bylaw amendments.
Special Meeting Petition Delivered to Delta
On August 29, 2018, WSDA President-elect Dr. Christopher Delecki and Executive Director Bracken Killpack delivered a petition to Delta with over 800 signatures calling for Delta to hold a special meeting, at which member dentists will have the opportunity to present and adopt a new round of bylaw amendments.
Dentists Seek Insurance Commissioner Review of Delta Dental Reorganization
WDS members Drs. Cynthia Pauley, Christopher Delecki, Bernard Larson, Nathan Russell, and Todd Irwin filed a complaint with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner seeking a full investigation of the 2013 Delta reorganization effort. As of September 2018, the OIC is actively investigating this complaint.
WSDA Asks Attorney General to Investigate Potential Delta Antitrust Practices
Washington State Dental Association leadership has requested the Antitrust Division of the Washington State Attorney General’s Office investigate whether Washington Dental Service (Delta Dental of Washington) has engaged in illegal monopsonist practices in our state.