WSDA has a great new benefit for Retro participants! Bringing injured employees back to modified duty as soon as possible – also known as Return to Work (RTW) – just got more beneficial.
WSDA Retro provides a no-cost, no-risk way for WSDA member-dentists who own dental practices to earn refunds on their workers’ compensation premiums paid to the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).
It has been over two years since we introduced the Retro program to our members. In that time 1,049 members have enrolled in the program and the first refund of over $200,000 was distributed to participating members.
A strong program with great refunds requires ongoing member commitment. The success of the WSDA Retro program requires members to control claim costs and we are helping practitioners do just that by implementing a new program that pays for providing modified duty work to employees that are not able to come back to their job of injury.
New Benefit for Retro Members: Return to Work = 100% Wage Reimbursement
WSDA has a great new benefit for Retro participants! Bringing injured employees back to modified duty as soon as possible – also known as Return to Work (RTW) – just got more beneficial. Currently companies can get reimbursements from Labor and Industries for up to 50% of wages. Now WSDA will match the 50%, so participants can get up to 100% of wages reimbursed.
Claim Prevention is Key, but when Injuries Happen, These are Your Responsibilities:
- Complete the Employee Incident Report immediately.
- The report should be completed by both the supervisor and the injured employee.
- Report all new claims by sending the Incident report to ERNwest within two days of injury at firstname.lastname@example.org or report online.
- Offer modified/light duty for the injured worker immediately. Plan ahead, before an injury occurs, establish some light duty options in your workplace.
- Once notified of an injury your ERNwest claims manager will require you to be responsive to their inquiries and provide documentation, etc.
- Inform your ERNwest claims manager if you question the claim validity or worker activities.
- Have a designated worker’s compensation contact at your practice who will maintain confidentiality and provide timely response and decision making is crucial.
- Call your ERNwest claims manager if you consider terminating a light-duty worker, or if a worker stops showing up for work.
More information about the Retro program and the resources and claims management available as part of the program is available by attending an orientation online.
Sign up for WSDA Retro or register for an orientation at wsda.org/retro.