The Health Care Authority sent the following alert to dental Medicaid providers.
Apple Health (Medicaid) Provider Alert
The Health Care Authority (HCA) revised the Apple Health (Medicaid) clinical policy and billing for COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
The following changes were made:
- Clarified billing requirements for providers who usually receive an enhanced rate for services.
- Added billing for services provided via email to HCPCS code G2012.
- Expanded the services allowed to be billed with GE modifier to include CPT® codes 99421-23, 99441-43, and HCPCS code G2012.
- Added CPT code 86413 SARS-CoV2/COVID-19 antibody, quantitative to the list.
- Ended coverage of CPT code 99001 for drive up/drive through COVID-19 specimen collection, effective 10/15/2020. Added HCPCS codes G2023, G2024, and C9803 to align with Medicare when billing for specimen collection.
- Added information that aligns with CMS guidance regarding payment for counseling patients at the time of the COVID-19 testing.