Delta Dental of Washington announces member dentist COVID-19 financial support and other updates.
We wanted to make sure you saw the recent announcement from Delta Dental of Washington announcing member dentist COVID-19 financial support.
COVID-19 Financial Suport
Resources Available at wsda.org/COVID-19
Resources are available for members and staff at wsda.org/COVID-19. This page is continuously updated as we receive new information. Recent updates include:
- Updated Information From ESD: Information from the Employment Security Department has been updated regarding Standby and ShareWork status that employers can file for employees. This can be found under the For Employers | Employer & Worker FAQs drop-down.
- Updated ADA Resources: A link to updated ADA COVID-19 FAQs (including information on student loan repayment, HIPAA concerns and more) and a link to ADA’s COVID Billing and Coding Guidance.
Association of Washington Business (AWB) Free Webinar on Monday, March 23
AWB has graciously agreed to open their webinar to all Washington state employers on Monday, March 23 from 10:00-11:30 AM. During this webinar, hear what resources are available for you and your business as we navigate how COVID-19 continues to impact our state and the economy. Click here to register.
Confirmed speakers: WA State Department of Labor & Industries; WA Small Business Development Center, WSU; University of Washington School of Public Health; WA Emergency Management Division; U.S. Small Business Administration; WA State Department of Commerce; WA State Department of Health.
PPE Donations & Paid Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioner Registration
As a community of healthcare providers, we are committed to ensuring the health of our fellow Washingtonians during this pandemic. We have heard from many of you wanting to know what you can do to help in your local area. Below are two volunteer actions you can take immediately to support efforts to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Donate PPE Supplies
A vital part of the effort to contain and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 is to ensure our front-line healthcare providers have the PPE they need. Please consider donating any PPE, especially masks, that you can afford to spare. Click here
for a list of locations, contacts, and other information for donations to hospitals.
Register to Become an Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioner
The Department of Health is supporting enrollment and activation of emergency volunteer health practitioners for the COVID-19 response. These emergency volunteers will help meet emerging demands for health practitioners in areas impacted by COVID-19.
- The first step for a volunteer to register is to complete the Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioners Application (Word Document).
- Once registered, the volunteer will be entered into a database of approved emergency volunteer health practitioners. The Department of Health will activate approved volunteers as needs arise while an emergency proclamation is in effect.
- Volunteers should also consider registering with their local Medical Reserve Corps.
- View FAQs on volunteer activation, compensation, liability and more.
WSDA is here to do all we can in support of our members and Washington’s dental community during these difficult and unprecedented times. COVID-19’s immediate effects on our communities and practices are constantly evolving, and we find ourselves addressing new challenges each day. We assure you that WSDA is rising to meet these challenges with you, our members, and will continue to do so through the worst of this pandemic and in the weeks and months that follow.
We’re all in this together.
Dr. Dennis Bradshaw