DAD & DSO Coverage in the Press
Yesterday, over 200 member dentists and UW dental students attended WSDA's annual Dental Action Day. We want to thank each and every member and student who took time away from their office or school on a Wednesday to make the trip to Olympia. It was a big ask, but you stepped up to support your profession and made the day a success!
Recent Press & Legislative Priorities
One of WSDA's legislative priorities received some important press coverage this week:
- Everett Herald Editorial Board: Don’t let corporations interfere between dentist, patient
- Dr. Jennifer King for the Yakima Herald: Put dental patients’ care ahead of corporate profits
- President Dr. BJ Larson for the Puget Sound Business Journal: Lawmakers should regulate dental chains
Our issues will only continue to garner attention. Make sure you're informed:
- Issues Overview
- Protecting Dental Patient Safety and Preserving Market Choice (SB 5322/HB 1598)
- Protecting Consumers by Expanding the Patient Bill of Rights to Cover Stand-Alone Dental Insurance Carriers (HB 1316)
We will continue to update our membership regarding the status of these bills as the legislative session progresses.
If you couldn't attend DAD, or if you did and want to stay involved through the rest of the legislative session, consider taking the following actions to support WSDA's efforts:
- Stay tuned for news of bill hearings and consider attending in order to testify
- Contact your legislators here and share your support for WSDA's legislative priorities
- Post your DAD photos or share WSDA's posts to your social media pages using #DentalActionDay and #waleg
One profession, one voice!