WSDA’s Citizen of the Year award is given to the member who has performed outstanding service, which serves to help a community in need, reinforce the value of service to the dental community, and promote the image of dentistry. The coveted award is the highest honor the Association can bestow on one of its own.
Recently, the WSDA Board of Directors voted to expand qualifying service to include work done on behalf of an employer or in a practice. Additionally, because charity begins at home, the board decided that priority would be given to dentists performing good works here in the state.
WSDA's 2017 Citizen of the Year was Dr. Nhi Pham. Read Dr. Pham’s story
. If you know someone like Dr. Pham who has given selflessly, please nominate them for this important recognition of good work.
Nominations are closed for this year. Thanks to everyone who nominated a member!
- The nominee must be a WSDA member
- The award will be based on civic activities, elective and volunteer, including, but not limited to:
- Service organizations
- Youth groups
- Non-salaried government positions
- Church-sponsored community services
- Personal commitment to community service through volunteering
- Service to all 501(c)(3) Foundations
- Priority will be given to nominees whose service has been in Washington state
Nominations may be made by an individual member or a component dental society. Former nominees may be re-nominated. Letters of support from organizations with which the candidate has been involved are encouraged.
Nominations must be submitted by June 1, 2018.
The 2018 award will be presented at the Citizen of the Year Award Banquet held during the annual House of Delegates meeting on Friday, September 21 at Hotel Murano in Tacoma, WA.