Do Your Part: Register for the PMP!
As part of WSDA’s ongoing efforts to educate our members on the different ways in which they can help to combat against Washington state’s opioid epidemic, WSDA is encouraging our members to participate in Washington state’s Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP).
The PMP is a secure online database that allows practitioners to have access to their patient’s prescription history information before they prescribe or dispense drugs. By utilizing the PMP, practitioners are able to look for duplicate prescribing, possible misuse, and potential drug interactions. Click here to learn more about our state’s PMP.
The Department of Health (DOH) has provided the following videos which contain step-by-step instructions on how to register and use the PMP:
- PMP Practitioner Overview Video
- How to Register for Access
- How to Do a Recipient Query
- How to View Query Results
- How to Do a Prescriber DEA Query
- How to Do a Prescriber History Query
- How to Manage Delegate Accounts
- Practitioner Overview and Tutorial Compilation
Additionally, the DOH has provided a step-by-step training guide for practitioners on how to use PMP’s interface, RxSentry, for querying purposes.
Utilizing the PMP provides both the patients and practitioners of Washington state with countless benefits. Don’t delay, register today!