Apply for WSDA Speaker of the House
Do you want to get more involved with WSDA leadership? Serve an integral role at the House of Delegates (held September 14-16 in Stevenson, WA) and in the Association’s governance process by applying to be the next WSDA Speaker of the House. Applications are due by June 9.
The Speaker’s duties are:
- To conduct the second business session of the House of Delegates. The WSDA president shall preside over the first business session.
- The Speaker of the House shall be a member of the Reference Committee on Rules and Order.
- To perform such other duties as custom and parliamentary procedure require or as prescribed by the House of Delegates from time to time.
- The Speaker shall be an Active, Life or Retired member in good standing.
- The Speaker will be selected by the Board of Directors annually at least one hundred twenty (120) days prior to the beginning of the House of Delegates.
- The Speaker shall not serve more than three (3) consecutive years.
- The following individuals will not be eligible to serve as Speaker of the House:
- Voting delegate of the WSDA House of Delegates.
- Member of WSDA Board of Directors.
- Any member running for an officer’s position or a position on the Board of Directors of WSDA
- In case the Speaker is unable to fulfill the duties, the Board of Directors shall appoint a replacement Speaker of the House.
To apply for this position, please send a submission letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9.