Who We Are
The Washington State Dental Association, through its members, exists to promote oral health of the highest quality. Member dentists are committed to cost-effective solutions that prevent disease and ensure quality oral health for all Washingtonians. WSDA is a leader in developing innovative public policy solutions, working with community organizations, government agencies, and legislators to strengthen the dental safety net and reduce barriers to care. Washington dentists care about their local communities, and volunteer their time and services providing more than 100,000 patients with uncompensated care each year.
- As the primary voice of dentistry we shall actively promote the highest standards of oral health.
- Our members will pursue lifelong learning to perpetuate professional excellence.
- We will represent the unique needs of our members in an evolving health care environment.
- Our members will improve oral health through involvement in community activities.
- We will be an organization which fosters active participation by all members.
- Our organization will have a membership which is representative of the entire profession.
WSDA keeps its members and the public apprised of the news in a number of ways:
- The Association mails the WSDA News eight times a year, manages the Blog, and broadcasts bi-monthly e-newsletter updates.
- The WSDA also helps members publicize their events and provides them with background information and other assistance regarding requests from the media.
- The Association's public relations department communicates with the Legislature about access to care issues and what doctors and hygienists are doing to address oral health problems in the community.
Posted: / Last Updated: