Dental Professionals Needed as Volunteers For a FREE Dental, Vision & Medical Clinic Seattle/King County Clinic with Remote Area Medical®
OCTOBER 23 - 26, 2014 · KeyArena at Seattle Center
Equipment, tools, supplies, meals, snacks and parking are provided. All you need to do is come and contribute your expertise, skills and compassion!
REGISTER NOW! RAMVOLUNTEERS.ORG
• 1000+ Patients Per Day
• 60+ Dental Operatories
• 15+ Vision Lanes
• 300 Eyeglasses Per Day
• 40+ Medical Examination Rooms
Who is needed:
• Oral Surgeons
• Dental Assistants
• Dental Lab Techs
• Ophthalmic Techs
• Doctors, PAs, NPs (Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Naturopathic Medicine, Obstetrics, Osteopathic Medicine, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Psychiatry, Radiology)
• RNs, LVNs/LPNs
• Paramedics, EMTs
• Mental Health Practitioners
Resource & Non-Medical Support:
• Social Workers
• Check-in and Registration
• Line Control
• Food Service
• Vision Assistants
• Patient Escorts and Runners
• Set-up and Take-down
• Focused on underserved and vulnerable populations in Washington.
• Local professionals direct and manage each area of the clinic.
• Targeted dental services*: gross debridement, restorative, extractions, select endodontics.
• Targeted vision services*: complete dilated eye exams, glaucoma testing, diabetic retinopathy, on-site production of prescription eyeglasses.
• Targeted medical services*: physical exams, women’s health (mammograms, pap smears, pelvic exams), wound care, foot care, immunizations, acupuncture, chiropractic, mental health first aid. Screenings for asthma, bone density, diabetes, hypertension, hepatitis, HIV/STDs.
• All patients are triaged and have their blood-pressure and medical history taken before being seen in care areas.
• Advanced, senior-level dental, vision and nursing students with a licensed faculty supervisor may be able to help with certain levels of care.
• Volunteer for only one day or as many as all four days. Full day participation is strongly encouraged to help maintain operational efficiency. Depending on the role, a full day may last from 6 AM – 6 PM.
• You can volunteer and work with your team. Residents are welcome.
• Clinic volunteers are not obligated to provide follow-up care. Offers to provide free or sliding-scale follow-up care are appreciated and needed, even from those unable to volunteer at the clinic.
• Free malpractice insurance, paid for by the Department of Health, is available from the Volunteer Retired Providers Program for many Washington providers.
• Approved mission of the Public Health Reserve Corps and Medical Reserve Corps.
• Seven continuing education credits available at no cost to participating dentists.
• Interpretation services will be available. Currently seeking interpreters fluent in Amharic, ASL, Chinese, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
• Will connect people to lasting benefits made possible by the ACA, including enrollment in health coverage and identification of long-term healthcare providers.
*Services will be determined by the number and expertise of volunteers, as well as available resources
Posted: / Last Updated:
TAGGED: Charitable Care