Dental Medicaid Program Feedback
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is currently seeking provider input regarding dental Medicaid in Washington.
If you would like to provide feedback about the program, please send your responses to the following questions—along with any additional comments, questions or concerns—to DentalReports2016@hca.wa.gov by Sunday, July 31.
Medicaid Prior Authorization (HB 2498)
- What improvements would you like to see made to Medicaid’s Dental Prior Authorization process?
- Which parts of Medicaid’s Dental Prior Authorization process are the most difficult to manage?
- How does Medicaid’s Dental Prior Authorization process differ from other payers you work with?
- If you were to create clinical criteria different than what is currently required, what would you change and why?
Contracting Out the Dental Medicaid Benefit (ESHB 2376)
- Thinking about the administration of the dental Medicaid program, what in your opinion is currently working well? What in your opinion is currently a challenge?
- If the HCA were to contract out the administration of the dental Medicaid program, what would be your concerns? What would you see as opportunities?
- What goals would you like to achieve by contracting out the administration of the dental Medicaid program?
- If you had a choice between contracting out the administration of the program or putting the program into a managed care structure, which would you choose and why?
New Affordable Care Act Rules | Section 1557
Medicaid providers, please be aware of the new rules of Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, which went into effect on July 18. The WSDA and ADA provide tools to help members comply. Learn more.