This 2-hour CE course will highlight evidence-based guidelines for delivering dental care to pregnant and diabetic patients.
Thursday, Sept. 24
This 2-hour CE course for dentists, hygienists, and dental assistants will highlight the evidence-based guidelines for delivering dental care to pregnant and diabetic patients, including specific circumstances and considerations related to these two conditions. After taking this course, dentists will be Oral Health Connections certified, and those practicing in Thurston, Cowlitz, and Spokane Counties can serve Oral Health Connections patients and bill enhanced rates for certain procedures.
Oral Health Connections is a three-county pilot that aims to improve access to care and the oral and overall health of Apple Health (Medicaid) insured pregnant and diabetes patients. Participating dentists can earn up to 50% more for certain procedures.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the relationship between oral health and diabetes, and how one impacts the other
- Understand the relationship between oral health and pregnancy, and how one impacts the other
- Understand how to deliver safe and effective dental treatment both for pregnant women and for people with diabetes
- Have increased comfort and knowledge in providing a spectrum of dental services proven to improve the health of pregnant and diabetic patients
- Understand how to serve Oral Health Connections patients and bill for Oral Health Connections services.
Learn More & Register