WSDA is looking for members who are committed to building a mentor relationship with a current UW dental student to join the WSDA Mentor Program!
How Does the Program Work?
Dentists who sign up to be a mentor will be matched with one or more student mentees by the WSDA. Once matched, mentor dentists serve as a resource for their mentee until the student graduates dental school.
2018 Mentor Reception
WSDA and the UW Dental Alumni Association hold an annual Mentor Reception on the UW Campus to kick off the program. Dentists are highly encouraged to attend this event if involved in the Mentor Program!
Thursday, October 11
Touchdown Terrace in Husky Stadium
Complimentary heavy hors d'oeuvres & hosted bar provided. Free parking for guests.
NEW THIS YEAR: Our Mentor Reception program will include a group activity. We ask dentists to arrive by 6:15 PM to have time to eat prior to the activity.
Because the Mentor Program is mostly self-guided following the Mentor Reception, dentists are heavily encouraged and expected to initiate interaction with their student(s) throughout the year.
WSDA asks that our mentor dentists:
- Commit to mentoring their student(s) through their graduation year.
- Remain a member of the WSDA through their time in the program.
- Make their best effort to attend the annual Mentor Reception in October.
- Invite students to meet in person at other WSDA events (PNDC, Dental Action Day, etc.) or through self-scheduled meet-ups (mentor dinners, coffee meetings, office shadowing opportunities, etc.) throughout the year.
- Reach out regularly to connect through phone and email when in-person meetings are not possible.
We ask that students in the program make a similar effort to connect.
Learn more about the WSDA Mentor Program.