Please read the following update from the Dental Quality Assurance Commission.
Repeal of AIDS Education and Training from Registration, Certification, and Licensure Requirements
The Dental Quality Assurance Commission filed WSR 20-17-036 on August 10, 2020. A hearing will be held October 23, 2020 to consider adoption of rule repeals.
Engrossed Substitute House Bill (ESHB) 1551, chapter 76, Laws of 2020 repealed AIDS education and training requirements for health professionals obtaining registration, certification, and licensure.
The proposed amendments will remove subsections in chapter 246-817 WAC from each rule requiring AIDS education and training. The rule subsections include:
- WAC 246-817-010 – Definitions (two definitions)
- WAC 246-817-110 (6) – Dental licensure—Initial eligibility and application requirements
- WAC 246-817-135 (6) – Dental licensure without examination—Eligibility and application requirements.
- WAC 246-817-190 (3) – Dental assistant registration.
- WAC 246-817-195 (6) – Licensure requirements for expanded function dental auxiliaries (EFDAs).
- WAC 246-817-200 (4) – Licensure without examination for expanded function dental auxiliary (EFDA).
- WAC 246-817-205 (3)(e) – Dental anesthesia assistant certification requirements.
- WAC 246-817-220 (4)(h) – Inactive license