Created by new dentists, for new dentists, the WSDA Academy offers free continuing education classes for WSDA member dentists 0-10 years out of dental school or their graduate/specialty program.
Understanding the Money Flow in Your Dental Practice 301
Speaker: Sam Martin, MBAtax, CFP, CPA
Cost: FREE for members 0-10 years out of dental school
Complimentary dinner provided.
This session will give you a deeper knowledge on the money flow from treatment to taxes. Areas that will be covered include:
- Treatment of Patients and related charges
- Collecting from patients
- Collecting from insurance and other third-party payors
- Accounts Payable/Overhead, paying the bank, paying Uncle Sam
- Supporting your lifestyle | Investing for your future
- Overseeing the Process & Reducing the chance of Fraud/Embezzlement
At the completion of this presentation, you will be able to:
- Better understand the production needed to have a successful business
- Understand how to create a process to collect payment from patients vs. insurance and third-party payors
- Better understand how to account for overhead and ensure your business is profitable
About Sam Martin, MBAtax, CFP, CPA
Mr. Martin is a co-founder of the Dental Group Companies, which is dedicated to helping dentists make smart financial decisions. He is the director of Wealth Management and Advance Tax Planning Strategies.
2019 Academy Schedule
See below for the current 2019 WSDA Academy schedule. Check back for new course announcements!
||Sam Martin, MBAtax, CFP, CPA
||Dr. Dolphine Oda
||Dr. Michael Johnson
||Dr. Bradley Weinstein
||Dr. Travis Nelson
||Dr. Kevin Suzuki
||Dr. Natasha Flake
||Dr. Richard Carlile
||Dr. Noah Letwin
||Dr. John Petrini
||Dr. Rebecca Bockow
The Academy is focused on developing scholars who are distinctly prepared to succeed in every aspect of their professional lives by creating a community of young dentists committed to continued learning and the Academy ideals, "aliqua, virtus, amicitia" (education, excellence, friendship).
Courses are usually limited to 33 attendees, with some courses accommodating more.
Programming for the WSDA Academy is developed by the WSDA New Dentist Think Tank.