Subject: Practice Management
Primary Audience(s): Dentist
Additional Audience(s): N/A
CE Credits: 1.5
Thinking about becoming a practice owner but don’t know where to start? Attend this course and you will learn everything you need to know. We will cover the process of starting or buying a practice. The legal, financial, and other aspects of acquiring and owning a practice. What makes a good practice? What practices to avoid and finding a diamond in the rough. We’ll give you the knowledge and confidence that when you leave this course, you will know how and want to buy a practice! We’ll have time for discussion at the end and we encourage you to bring your questions.
- Pros and cons of building a new practice versus buying an existing practice.
- Five key things to look for in a practice purchase.
- Assembling your team of experts.
- Analyzing a practice: Numbers, ratios and statistics – What do they mean?
- Questions to ask when purchasing a practice.
- The insurance dilemma – PPO, Fee for Service, Delta Premier and what do they mean?
- Finding skeletons in the closet.
- Finding hidden gems in a practice.
- Understanding how practices are valued.
- The transition – how to make it smooth and easy.
Rodney Johnston is the Founder and Principal Broker of OMNI Practice Group, a leading provider of dental practice transitions, sales, valuations, buyer representation and real estate services. Rod has managed, owned, partnered and consulted with hundreds of practices over the past two decades. He is an accomplished public speaker who draws upon his vast experience in staff management, accounting, marketing, and practice management to educate and engage his audience. Prior to forming OMNI, Rod spent 15 years as Director of Treasury and Director of Accounting for AT&T Wireless.