JOB OPENING: WSDA LOBBYIST
The Washington State Dental Association (WSDA) is seeking an experienced, highly skilled lobbyist. Working with the Association’s leadership, this position will be responsible for strategic and tactical leadership to secure favorable public policies in Olympia. Both in-house and contract lobbyists will be considered for this position. One or two lobbyists may be selected.
- Serve as chief lobbyist and key government relations advisor for the Association on issues before the Washington State Legislature.
- Provide strategic guidance on WSDA’s political and grassroots activities including candidate contributions, annual legislative agenda and issue-specific legislative campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with government officials and WSDA membership to further advance WSDA’s legislative priorities. Meet regularly with members of the legislature and legislative staff to develop the relationships necessary to ensure WSDA’s legislative success.
- Work with the Association’s Board of Directors, Committee on Government Affairs and the Washington State Dental Political Action Committee (DentPAC) Board of Directors to achieve legislative and political objectives. This includes attending board and committee meetings and association sponsored events when necessary.
- Coordinate with WSDA leadership to identify legislative priorities.
- Will be asked to testify at legislative committee hearings.
- Have established, strong and positive working relationships with all four caucuses.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-10 years of Washington state government relations experience.
- Proven success in legislative/regulatory advocacy.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully meet tight deadlines with professional decorum.
- Experience representing health care professions and/or trade associations is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter, resume, list of current clients and references to email@example.com by Monday, July 20 by 5 p.m.
ABOUT THE WASHINGTON STATE DENTAL ASSOCIATION:
The Washington State Dental Association’s 4,000 member dentists are committed to cost-effective, practical solutions to prevent disease and ensure quality oral health care for all Washingtonians. WSDA is a leader in developing innovative public policy solutions, working with community organizations, government agencies and legislators to strengthen the dental safety net and reduce barriers to care.