Live Chat
Washington State Dental Association



The site for RCWs and WACs is a searchable database on the Internet. You can also access the State Government Web Site at If you are interested in obtaining a copy of any RCW or WAC, you may contact your local public library or the Washington State Office of the Code Reviser at (360) 786-6777.

A statute or Revised Code of Washington (RCW) is written by the Washington State Legislature. Once legislation is signed by the Governor, it becomes law.

A rule or Washington Administrative Code (WAC) is written to provide interpretive support for the individuals or entities to whom the rule applies. Department of Health rules that relate to dentistry are written and adopted by the Dental Quality Assurance Commission. WACs carry the full force of the law.