ATTENTION: Electronic Health Records Update
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014, the Washington State Health Care Authority sent out a policy update regarding the requirement of additional documentation for the Electronic Health Record Medicaid Incentive Payment Program’s (eMIPP) Meaningful Use attestation process.
The following is a list of the additional documentation required when attesting to Meaningful Use during both Stage 1 and Stage 2:
Meaningful Use Stage 1:
· A sample related to core measure 3, 5, 6 OR 13. (These measures are named in the survey.)
· A description of one clinical decision support rule used by your practice to support core objective 11.
· The electronic media used to support core measure 12 regarding electronic copies of health information for patients
· A sample summary of care record
Meaningful Use Stage 2:
· Documentation to support the successful electronic exchange of a summary of care document.
· A brief description of the 5 clinical decision support interventions used by your practice in addition to the drug-drug and drug-allergy interaction checks
· The electronic media used so support core measure 12 regarding electronic copies of health information for patients
In order to submit the additional required documentation with your attestation, download and complete the survey for either Stage 1 or Stage 2 of Meaningful Use attestation.
After completing the appropriate survey, individual providers may save and upload the survey with the additional required documentation directly into their eMIPP attestation. For group practice providers, the survey may be faxed with all additional required documentation to 866-668-1214. Please be sure to include either the organization or payee NPI on the required coversheet. Click here for information on how to properly complete this coversheet.
Did you know?
During the April CMS Performance Progress Community of Practice Report, Washington state ranked number one in the nation for demonstration of Meaningful Use by Dentists! The national average of dentists attesting to ongoing meaningful use is 5.64 %, while Washington state’s average is over 27%!
Posted: / Last Updated: