NATIONAL BRUSH DAY
Take Part in the First National Brush Day—November 1, 2013
The day after Halloween is a perfect time for parents to remind their kids to brush for two minutes, twice a day.
November 1, 2013 is the first ever National Brush Day, and we need your help to spread the word. What better time than the day after Halloween to promote the importance of good habits for healthy teeth?
Here’s how you can help:
- Follow the brand new Kids’ Healthy Mouths social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Promote the National Brush Day Thunderclap to your networks by encouraging people to sign up their accounts to send out a synchronized message to their Facebook or Twitter followers along with more than 100 other supporters on National Brush Day.
- Participate in the social media day of action by sharing the National Brush Day messages from our online toolkit.
- Post our National Brush Day graphics on your website, blog, or other promotional channels in advance of November 1.
- Encourage parents to sign up for our free, new text message program to receive practical brushing tips directly to their mobile phones. Simply text “BRUSH” to 30364 or sign up at the homepage of 2min2x.org.
- Promote the campaign website 2min2x.org.
Since the Kids’ Healthy Mouths campaign launched last year, the Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives and the Ad Council have achieved tremendous results. According to research published by the Ad Council in August, significantly more parents report that their kids are brushing their teeth for two minutes, twice a day.