The Department of Health recently announced that dental assistants, dental hygienists, and expanded function dental auxiliaries (EFDAs) can now renew their licenses and registrations online. Initial licensure/registration applications for these health professions still need to be completed by mail. DOH will charge a $2 convenience fee to process all online renewals. All health professionals will eventually be able to renew and complete initial licensure applications online. DOH estimates that dentists will be able to renew online by the end of 2012 and DOH will be begin allowing some health professions to complete initial licensure applications online in 2013.
Here’s what to do if you want to renew online:
- Click here.
- Create an account with Secure Access Washington
- Create a Department of Health Account
- Input your online renewal user ID (which will be provided in your renewal notice)
- Complete your renewal application
- Pay your renewal fee and $2 convenience fee with a VISA or MasterCard
Click here for online renewal frequently asked questions provided by the Department of Health.