The WSDA is currently accepting nominations for the Speaker of the House at the 2012 WSDA House of Delegates. To apply for the position, please submit a letter of interest and your CV to Brenda Berlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissionn is April 19, 2012.
Selection of Speaker of the House:
1. The Speaker shall be an Active, Life or Retired member in good standing.
2. The Speaker will be selected by the Board of Directors annually at least one hundred twenty (120) days prior to the beginning of the House of Delegates.
3. The Speaker shall not serve more than three (3) consecutive years.
4. The following individuals will not be eligible to serve as Speaker of the House:
a. Voting delegate of the WSDA House of Delegates.
b. Member of WSDA Board of Directors.
c. Any member running for an officer’s position or a position on the Board of Directors of WSDA
5. In case the Speaker is unable to fulfill the duties, the Board of Directors shall appoint a replacement Speaker of the House.
Duties of Speaker of the House:
1. To conduct the second business session of the House of Delegates. The WSDA president shall preside over the first business session.
2. The Speaker of the House shall be a member of the Reference Committee on Rules and Order.
3. To perform such other duties as custom and parliamentary procedure require or as prescribed by the House of Delegates from time to time.