Dental License Renewal
Without a current license, a dentist CANNOT legally practice dentistry. A late renewal, even for a brief period, subjects providers to loss of thousands of dollars of income, as insurers will deny claims for any treatment provided while your license is expired. And you are subject to a $200 late renewal penalty.
Six steps to Renewal:
1. Treat you license renewal as a legal document, not as just another bill.
2. Notify DOH of any change in address, so that your renwal notice will not be misdirected.
3. Put a reminder on your calendar one month prior to your birth date to renew your license and complete any needed CE.
4. Remind your staff to give your renewal notice and form to you as soon as it is received.
5. As soon as you receive the renewal form, complete the CE attestation, sign it, attach your check for payment, and mail it.
6. Be sure to mail the renewal to the Department of Health, not to WSDA. DOH’s address is:
Health Systems Quality Assurance
Customer Service Center
PO Box 1099
Olympia, WA 98507-1099
For problems with your renewal, contact the Department of Health Customer Service Center at (360) 236-4700. Renew on time and relax. Celebrate your birthday and your next year of practice!