Nominations Open for 2017 Citizen of the Year
Nominations are now open for the 2017 WSDA Citizen of the Year! The Citizen of the Year award is given to the member who has performed outstanding service, which serves to help a community in need, reinforce the value of service to the dental community, and promote the image of dentistry. The coveted award is the highest honor the association can bestow on one of its own.
This year, the WSDA Board of Directors voted to expand qualifying service to include work done on behalf of an employer or in a practice. Additionally, because charity begins at home, the board decided that priority would be given to dentists performing good works here in the state.
If you know someone who has given selflessly, please nominate them for this important recognition of good work.
This year the award will be presented at the Citizen of the Year Award banquet held during the annual House of Delegates meeting on Friday, September 15 at Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, WA. We hope you'll join us in recognizing the good works of one of your own.
The award exists to recognize a member dentist who has given outstanding service to a community; to encourage others toward such activity; to reinforce values of service to the profession; and to promote the image of dentistry.
• Nominations can be made online here
• Nominations may be made by an individual member, dental staff, or a component dental society. Former nominees may be renominated. Letters of support from organizations with which the candidate has been involved are encouraged.
• Nomination deadline: June 2, 2017
Criteria for Selection
• The nominee must be a WSDA member
• The award will be based on civic activities, elective and volunteer, including, but not limited to: service organizations, youth groups, schools, non-salaried government positions, church-sponsored community services, personal commitment to community service through volunteering, service to all 501(c)(3) Foundations
• Priority will be given to nominees whose service has been in Washington state
• Selection of the state award winner will be made by the Task Force on Recognition of the Washington State Dental Association
• The award will be presented at the annual House of Delegates meeting September 15, 2017, Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Washington