HCA News About Interpreter Services
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) recently released a bulletin with news about interpreter services.
The bulletin at a glance:
- A list of currently contracted CTS LanguageLink (CTS) interpreters, by county and language, is now available on the HCA website.
- HCA is currently working on two new interpreter service procurements, one for telephonic and video remote interpreting (VRI) and another for face-to-face interpreting, with a new contract expected to be in effect July 1, 2018.
- HCA is working with CTS on new policies for ASL interpreters.
- A new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) took effect July 1, 2017. Changes include:
- Interpreter rate of pay.
- Travel, ferry fares, parking and toll fees reimbursement.
Other highlights include provider FAQs and information regarding HCA's Interpreter Services (IS) program.
Read the bulletin here.