ADA Q&A: HIPAA
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, more commonly known as HIPAA, is a set of national standards for electronic health care transactions and electronic security. It was created to protect individually identifiable health information. Dentists are required to be HIPAA compliant. The American Dental Association legal team has created a series of short videos to give you an overview of various aspects of HIPAA.
Members, log in to access videos answering the following questions:
- Who enforces HIPAA?
- Do I need to comply with HIPAA?
- What is HIPAA security "risk analysis?"
- What is an addressable safeguard under the HIPAA security rule?
- How can I prepare for a HIPAA audit?
- How do I encrypt laptops to prevent breaches?